Fun Questions


1. Who was your worst teacher? Why?
Mr. G.  He was a jerk to everyone but his very few chosen "favorites".  Two of his more memorable actions were him taking his belt off and using it to strap a slouching boy "straight up" (posture) in his chair or whipping broken pieces of chalk at inattentive kids during class. 

2. Who was your favorite teacher? Why?
Mrs. McK.  My kindergarten teacher.  She was comforting to snuggle up to during story time and SO nice.
 
3. What was your favorite toy growing up?
Probably my big brown stuffed dog.  Mom, did he have a name?  Or (sigh & shudder), no, my Barbies!



4. If you could time travel, when would you go?
Probably the pioneer era.  Or the Victorian era.



5. What’s your best childhood memory?

Oi vey!  Probably just growing up on the 80-acre homestead my folks farmed, in general.
 
6. What’s your pet peeve?

Oh, but I have so many!  ;)  Stupid people.  Kids not listening.  Having to tell them something 1,624 times before they actually listen.


7. What personality trait has gotten you in the most trouble?
Wanting to do things MY way.  ;)  And/or hoping to see the best in people and waiting too long for that to appear (to my own detriment).



8. What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?
This is one of my favorites.  And the quote is not the exact one I was told, but basically "He makes the barren woman abide in the house as a joyful mother of children."  (Psalm 113:9)


9. If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what name would you pick?
Harriet VonHasenPfeffer.  I don't know?!!!!



10. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being a constant, loving person in the lives of all my littles.


11. Which of your friends are you proudest of? Why?
That's hard:  to pick just one.  But probably my best friend since we were 5 years old (43 years now!).  She lived through a hellish childhood, has a brilliant mind and the most wicked sense of humor I know and is raising two amazing children who call me 'Una'.


12. Do you feel like a leader or a follower?
Depends on the day and situation.  I'd *prefer* to be a follower (seems like they have it easier?), but I suspect I tend more towards the leader characteristics.


13. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?

Sitting outside on my deck (even in the winter unless it's crazy cold) with a BIG glass of wine.  Or two.  Or . . . .  ;)


14. Which would be harder for you to give up: coffee or alcohol?
Coffee!  Even all the kids know that I need my coffee first thing!  One day last summer, as I had the twins and their big sister loaded in their van and was pulling out of the driveway, my little man shouted, "Bopee!  Your coffee!  I see the cup in your car!"  Sweet boy.  It was already empty, anyway.  ;)


15. What catch phrase do you most enjoy using?


"Uffda."  Apparently I say it a lot.  The 18-month old I have each day even says it.  In proper context!  ;)


Comments

  1. "Oh, my gosh!" I exclaim getting up off the floor after just discovering this blog post by you, my dear daughter! This is wonderful! Please, please, please (try!) to keep it up! You've always been a fantastic writer and neeeeed to post regularly! (I must stop now as I've run out of exclamation points.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to your Mama! ;-) But I enjoyed it, too. I love these kind of posts but don't do them; maybe I need to try one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooody Do!!! Chicken Mama!

    Blog Land needs all the participation, it can muster. So please do keep at it, this time.

    We have to fight against the *Evil Monster of Daily Mini Blogging*, on (ughhhh) Instagram (ugh-spit-barf-gag)!!!! Please join the Good Fight!!!!

    -giggggles-

    Lots of gentle hugs...
    πŸŽ„πŸŒ²πŸŽΌπŸŒ²πŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun questions, and even better answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there chickenmama, welcome back. Please keep blogging. We "need" people that are down to earth with a sense of humor (like yr mam). Love to read more often from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot imagine where you got that trait (number 7) since you appear to be so pleasant, upbeat and accommodating .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back Chicken mama!Pick a day a week to blog and stick to it. Looking forward to reading some more of your pixels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment